THE S.S YONGALA AND OUTER REEF LIVEABOARD
IT’S FINALLY TIME! Join us on a long weekend getaway to tropical Queensland to visit the famous S.S Yongala and outer great barrier reef. We will live aboard the solid, spacious and modern Kalinda for 3 days and 4 nights to cruise between the outer great barrier reef and one of the world’s top 5 dive sites – the S.S Yongala.
Situated in the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, it is the only large reef structure in the region, drawing a huge variety of marine life earning infamy as one of Australia’s BEST dive sites.
THE S.S YONGALA
The 110m S.S. Yongala sank during a cyclone on March 23rd 1911, with the loss of all 122 people aboard. It was not until 1958 that the wreck was first dived and due to its remote location it has remained mostly untouched. The wreck begins 15m below the surface and extends to 29m. Protected under the Historic Shipwreck Act (1976), the artifacts, marine life and variety of corals that cover the wreck are second to none!
Often seen are Turtles, Sea Snakes, Giant Trevally, Queensland Gropers, Eagle Rays, Marble Rays, Sharks, thousands of Tropical fish and in the cooler months, even Humpback Whales. Diving the Yongala is a bucket list trip no scuba diver should miss!
* BOARDING TIME : 20:00
* BOARDING LOCATION : Townsville Marina, QLD
* ITINERARY :
3/5 : Arrive in Townsville, board the Kalinda and steam out to the S.S Yongala
4/5 : 3 day dives and a night dive on the Yongala, steam out to the outer reef
5/5 : 3 day dives and a night dive on the outer reef, steam back to the Yongala
6/5 : 2 morning dives on the Yongala, steam to Horseshoe Bay (Magnetic Island) for an off-gas party and dinner at the local pub
7/5 : A quick brekky onboard before departure and flights!
* PREFERRED CERTIFICATION : Advanced or above (or open water with a minimum of 50 logged dives). Haven’t got your advanced certification yet? Book on for our tropical liveaboard and receive $100 off of your RAID Advanced 35 course when completed before 3/5/2019
* COST : $970
* INCLUSIONS : 10 dives (6 on the SS Yongala, 4 on the outer reef), tanks, weights, all meals onboard, accommodation onboard for 4 nights and linens
* EXCLUSIONS : Flights, travel insurance, dive equipment (available for hire, based on availability)
* MINIMUM DEPOSIT REQUIRED : $500 no later than 15/2/2019
*All dive site locations are subject to change based on weather conditions on the day*
Bookings are ESSENTIAL and limited to 16 divers. Please call or stop in to the dive shop to pay your deposit and save your place.
Spots won’t last long! Don’t wait, book now!